What is Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen?Mar 23rd, 2018
There’s a Big Difference Between a Used Car and a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Volkswagen
The difference is the details. At Crosby Volkswagen, we want to make sure that your used Volkswagen is safe and secure for years to come and to keep your family safe. Here’s what makes our certified used vehicles better than the rest.
Quality Assurance for Used Vehicle Owners
With every Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen that we sell, we thoroughly inspect the vehicle. We go beyond even a provincial inspection or safety! Our goal is to make sure that our Certified Volkswagen Pre-Owned vehicles perform like our new ones. You can feel confident in our inspections, as we cover over 112 points from head to fender.
The steps of our certification program include:
1. Initial qualification: Considerations such as the vehicle’s age, mileage, history, and condition.
2. Road test: We test it all, from engine performance to windshield wipers, from transmission to speakers.
3. After-road test: This covers your ignition wiring, A/C compressor, power steering, and even your battery cables.
4. Exterior: We check for scratches, spare tires (with their toolkits), lights, and everything else outside.
5. Interior: You should be happy and comfortable while in your daily driver. Our interior inspection covers you from the steering wheel to the sunroof. Other examples of interior considerations include seatbelts, airbags, dome lights, and panels.
6. Underbody: We’re in Ontario, and we’re no strangers to salty roads in the winter. With our underbody inspection, we ensure that your wheels, bushings, struts, brakes, and everything underneath is operating smoothly.
7. Final inspection: We review any added aftermarket equipment, the vehicle’s maintenance record, stereo, and overall condition.
A full breakdown of every category’s contents can be found here, and we encourage you to try one for yourself.
What Vehicles Qualify and What are the Perks?
To become a Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen, the Crosby team ensures that certain standards are adhered to. Each CPO vehicle must be less than 7 years old and have fewer than 160,000km on the odometer. They will have passed the 112-point inspection outlined above, been completely reconditioned, and come with a CarProof vehicle history report to give you insights into the vehicle’s life before it met you.
We offer two programs for our CPO vehicle owners: the Volkswagen Assurance Program and the Volkswagen Assurance Premium Program. Both programs include 24/7 roadside assistance* to make sure that you’re never left on the side of the road. Other perks include 3 months of Sirius Satellite Radio (where applicable), Volkswagen Plus Ownership privileges, and more. Some Certified Pre-owned Volkswagen will have some of their new vehicle warranty remaining, while others may not. For additional peace of mind, the VW Assurance Premium 2-year/40,000km can be added to either vehicle at a reasonable additional cost.
Are Used VWs Affordable?
Yes, they are! In addition to being of unbeatable quality, our CPO vehicles have special financing options and rate reductions available for different models. Our credit experts can help you find the right used car for you, at the right price. Apply online and one of our experts will work with you to secure the best car loan for your lifestyle. Volkswagen Plus owners may also qualify for additional rate reductions as part of our loyalty program - offers change often, so keep checking back for updates.
If you’ve had credit challenges in the past: don’t worry! Life happens, and we understand that. Our trained finance experts are here to help you find a loan and begin rebuilding your credit.
*Roadside assistance provided by Club Auto Roadside Services